I enjoy speaking at events and teaching workshops on various subjects, such as these:
- Writing fiction and/or creative nonfiction
- Business writing
- Self-editing for creative writers
- Self-editing for business writers
- Self-editing for students
- The history of global literature
- The history of publishing
- Culture and activism in writing
- Authorship as entrepreneurship
- Business success for freelancers
I spoke about authorship as entrepreneurship at the 2017 Tallahassee Writers Conference and Book Festival, and in November 2017, I spoke with the EFA Boston Chapter about editing fiction. I will be speaking on panel about finances for freelancers, as well as presenting my own individual talk on constructed languages in fiction, at the ACES: The Society for Editing conference in April 2018.
I provide my own slideshow presentations and other visuals or props when necessary. For events more than 50 miles away from Phoenix, Arizona USA, I ask that my transport and lodging are provided for or that I am repaid for those expenses. Please contact me for more information.
Please be sure to check out my Frequently Asked Questions page for more information about quotes, booking services, payments, and more. If I cannot help you for any reason, I will gladly refer you to another reputable professional that will better suit your project’s needs.