I enjoy speaking at events and teaching workshops on various subjects, such as:
- writing fiction and creative nonfiction;
- the history of global literature;
- culture and activism in writing;
- confronting death in the written word;
- conlangs (constructed languages) in fiction;
- authorship as entrepreneurship; and
- business success for freelancers and small business owners.
Some of my favorite speaking engagements were these:
- I was one of the featured speakers at the Tallahassee Writers Conference and Book Festival in April 2017. I gave a talk about authorship as entrepreneurship.
- I spoke with the EFA Boston Chapter about how to edit fiction in November 2017.
- At the ACES: The Society for Editing conference in April 2018, I spoke on panel about finances for freelancers.
- At that same ACES conference in 2018, I gave an individual presentation about conlangs in fiction.
- I also spoke at the ACES: The Society for Editing 2019 conference about confronting death in the written word as an editor.
I provide my own slideshow presentations and other visuals or props when necessary. For events more than 50 miles away from Phoenix, Arizona (USA), I ask that my transport and lodging are provided for or that I am reimbursed for at least some of those expenses, if at all possible. Please contact me for more information.
Please be sure to check out my Frequently Asked Questions page for more information about quotes, booking services, payments, and more. If I cannot help you for any reason, I will gladly refer you to another reputable professional that will better suit your project’s needs.